PawPaw: I love you!
I dreamed you would see me graduate
And watch me walk down the aisle
See me with my first child
You were always there for every special moment
Never thought anything different
I figured you would always be here
Cancer caught you off guard
And threw me in a loop
I slowly noticed how the chemo and radiation
Took hold of you
You hadn’t had hair before but you became
More bald than ever before
It was so shiny and clean
I could kiss your head
And feel the battle you were fighting
Each treatment begin to slow you down
But your attitude and faith
Remained through each storm
You are so very special to me
And I hope you know that
From my years of being a baby
I look back and see how you documented
Each time that we played and hung out together
I could always count on you to believe in me
By your kind words and support
You knew that I could do anything through Christ
I just had to believe!
I always appreciate the Upward Devotional books
I read everyone you sent to me
And knew it came straight from the heart.
You had a smile that illuminated my life
And gave me encouragement to stand
Firm in any barrier set in my way.
I could always count on you
To have chocolates and gum stashed up
For me when I came to visit.
Your spirit for life and family is contagious
I enjoyed every special moment I had with you.
I started writing this a couple of months after you
Found out that you had cancer.
I was devastated and writing was my release
To the pain and sadness I was feeling.
Cancer is a disease that is a battle
But it surely cant take away
Our memories and your sweet spirit.
Your memory begin to go
But you never forgot your family or friends
Just little details that didn’t matter
You became sicker and weaker
So you got a bed to go downstairs
When I came to visit you
I could see the affects of chemo
By your pale, white skin and brittle bones
But at the same time I saw glimpses of Hope
When you would smile at me
And say your not giving up
You fought harder than anyone I know
Today you stopped chemo and radiation
Hospice came in, and listened to your concerns
Truly only God knows the time and day he will choose for you
Pawpaw don’t be scared, and even though I am sad
I know you will see me again in heaven
I want to delete what I just wrote because
In the back of my mind I want to say I have hope,
And I truly do, but deep down I know that’s not God’s plan for you.
I know he is about to take you home to be with him
Yet it kills me on the inside because I am not ready to let go/
PawPaw I love you and miss you so much
I cant wait to see you one day
I know I will see you in heaven one day
We will go back to those times of fun
Your sickness of cancer will forever be gone
We can walk hand in hand with Christ as our Lord
I love you PawPaw
No comments:
Post a Comment